Monday, January 18, 2010

Amikas Project

I AM WAR!
Do you know me?
For eons
you have glorified me,
thrust your sons and daughters at my feet.
Your cemeteries,
your hospitals,
your streets,
are overflowing
with what I send back.
I am a vile, putrid, stinking god,
who feasts on your fears.
I give victory to the merciless, craven and greedy,
not the wise, or gifted or righteous.
I shatter your families,
widow your lovers,
orphan your babies.
I demolish your cities
and all that is beautiful
disappears in my wake.
I neither build nor create
Yet you...
you continue to worship me,
celebrate me,
parade me,
gaily throwing all of your wealth
into my all consuming pyre

I am WAR!
Damn you!
Look at me!

by Jeeni Criscenzo 11/11/09 (Veteran's Day)

Never Forget

Building 7 WTC 2001

Events - The San Diego County Community Coalition